Thursday, July 15, 2010

Here's to Life

So as most of you know, I graduated from Radford University this past May with a degree to teach Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children PreK-12. I graduated on a Saturday, had an interview the following Monday with a school in Mississippi, and was offered the job the following Tuesday. Now most of you are probably thinking that Mississippi is a long way from my home, which you are correct, a whole whopping 11 hours away. So I went to check it out and was really excited about this new adventure I was about to accept.
While I was visiting the school, I got a call from a school district in Virginia wanting an interview. Suddenly life became complicated. Why you ask? Here I was certain that I was suppose to accept a job 11 hours away from my home and comfort-zone and now had the possibility to stay in Virginia. Life isn't as complicated when you only have one choice, but now I had two. I was so concerned and scared I was going to make the wrong decision. I wanted what so many people want and that is a clear sign, a voice to speak and tell me, YOU NEED TO BE HERE or THERE or SOMETHING.
So I interviewed the following Wednesday and was offered the job on the same day. It wasn't a loud voice from the heavens, or burning bush experience, but I'm pretty sure I got my answer.
The point of the matter is life doesn't have just one choice. Life is harder than it was when I was younger and I can't hide behind Mom's skirt or Dad's jeans. But the most exciting part about life, is the new beginnings and new experiences that are waiting when life gives you choices. So here's to life......

Simply N

No comments:

Post a Comment