Thursday, July 15, 2010

Packing Up and Moving Out


Boxes, boxes, and more boxes---this is the story of my life. I have come to the conclusion that in my 23 years of life, I have acquired entirely too much stuff. Seriously, I had no idea how much stuff I had in my room. Just to give you an idea, 1/2 my living room in my side of the house (at my parents' place) is full of loaded, heavy boxes. Boxes from everywhere including the ABC store, which I'm convinced, will make my soon to be neighbors think I'm an alcoholic.

Because I've known I would be moving for over a month, and being the eager person that I am, I decided it would be a good idea to start packing the day I signed the lease (June 15th) for the two bedroom apartment. Now, some of you are probably thinking, that was a good idea, she'll pack the things she won't need and then only have the essentials to pack closer to her move-in date. And this is what I did, but I didn't expect the minute that I packed the things I never use on a daily basis, I would have the desire to get out and use.

For example, some of my DVDs, which I haven't had the desire to watch in over a year, but yet the moment I pack them up, what do I want to do.....WATCH the DVDs. Needless to say this brought on about an hour search through boxes to find a particular DVD that was in a box labeled CDs and not DVDs.

In four days, these boxes that are taking up my living room, will be scattered throughout my new home and it will be just like Christmas looking through and sorting all the things I had forgotten I had packed over a month ago. Here's to life....

Simply N

No comments:

Post a Comment