Thursday, July 22, 2010

Walmart, Neighbors, and Boxes

Have you ever woke up, jumped out of bed with the momentum that "Today is the day I'm going to get things done."? Very rarely does this happen to me, most of the time, I like to take my time and wake up slowly, watch some TV and snack on something. Thus this is why I like to wake up about 30 mins earlier than necessary on school days. Today was one of those motivated mornings with the mission of venturing out to Walmart to by groceries. Now, I'm the type of person, most of the time, that takes my time, looks at my options at things I am buying and compare prices. However, since I've moved in to my apartment and my money is being spent on food, no comparison was in order. I went for the simplest, cheapest, off-brand products I could find. Now, I did not do this on everything, cereal, chicken, beef, and jello are not things that you compromise and buy the cheaper brand. Laugh all you want, but some things are just worth the extra dollar or odd change. I took my time, went down the isles and pretty much stuck with my list, and left $150.00 later. Holy Moly.
I come back to my apartment and put away my groceries, fix myself some lunch, because I refuse to grab something in town after spending so much on food at the store. While I'm enjoying my lunch, I hear a knock on my door. Looking out the peep hole, I don't see anybody, but decide to open the door anyway and take a look. It was two of my neighbor's kids who for some reason have been fascinated with the fact that I've moved in. They asked me endless questions, which I answered nicely, and then told them I had to go and they scampered off down the sidewalk. The next thing I know, I see one of them run past my window wearing a Burger King crown and the other chasing closely behind them. This made me giggle.
Now for an update on the box situation. Most of them are unpacked but now their seems to be an explosion of stuff all over the hobby/craft/work room. I can't wait until everything is organized! I feel a trip to Michaels coming on to get a few more photo boxes to use as storage. That will probably wait until Monday when the bff comes to visit :) Can't wait! So here's to life....
Simply N

1 comment:

  1. I agree - cereal is one of those things that has to be name brand!!! I'm loving our blog :)

    ReplyDelete